20-year vision for Resurrection:
- 10,000 new young adults choosing to follow Christ
- 10,000 inner-city children touched by our school partnerships
- 10,000 United Methodist churches that are more vital
God has blessed and used The Church of the Resurrection to change lives, transform communities and renew the church for the past 24 years. We believe this is just the beginning, and we are committed to building for our future.
- Bring all programs for adults and children under one roof.
- Build a sanctuary that is more sacred and intimate.
- Create space for fellowship with kitchen facilities.
- Double the number of adult classrooms.
- Expand the church’s mission mobilization space.
- Improve Matthew’s Ministry programming space.
- Design an exterior that proclaims the gospel.
- Space to develop leaders with Saint Paul School of Theology.
Capital campaign commitments of $64,046,000 were made by the congregation. Bank financing will be through Commerce Bank, along with Intrust Bank and Bank of Blue Valley.
total project costs
The budget for the new construction project – sanctuary, narthex and missions area – is $81,334,000. A Guaranteed Maximum Price will be set, ensuring the project costs remain firm. Final plans for the remodel of the existing sanctuary in 2017 are still being developed, but projected cost is $11,700,000. The combined project total is $93,034,000.
remodel of the existing sanctuary
Architectural firm Gould Evans will lead the redesign of the existing sanctuary and surrounding areas. Project teams will form in late 2015 to finalize plans for this building and its expanded ministry opportunities, such as large fellowship dinners, retreats, Vibe worship, new adult education rooms near the nurseries, and a special home for Matthew’s Ministry.
View the complete timeline here.